Monday, July 11, 2011

Round 39: Peter Verdin, OF, University of Georgia

Baseball-Reference
Georgia Official Site

One sentence analysis: The local (Paul VI HS) product had a mediocre junior season at Georgia, so he'll probably go back for his senior year.

More analysis and notes: Verdin  only hit .258/.325/.331 this season, with an awful 8 BB/37 K ratio. He did hit over .300 in his sophomore season, though, so there is room for improvement. He says he'll probably come back to school.
From Georgia's official website: "When I heard I’d been drafted by the Nationals I thought that was cool because that's my hometown team," said Verdin. "I wasn't sure if I was going to get drafted and going in the 39th round, I'm not expecting too much so I'll probably be coming back to school."

Verdin has not signed with the Nationals

No comments:

Post a Comment